The Bachelor of Event Management degree emphasised on management aspects that allow the university to produce graduates who are not only knowledgeable in the staging of events, but also have the expertise and skills in various aspects of tourism management and organizational leadership. Student can choose their own programme concentration either sport and recreation management, entertainment management or food service management.
Some of the courses that are offered to students are:
- Introduction to Event
- Event Marketing
- Sociological Aspects of Event Management
- Event Risk Management
- MICE Management
- Tourism and Hospitality Research
- Event Administration and Coordination
- Event Operation and Logistics
- Business Law and Ethics in Event
- Contemporary Issues in Event Management
- Human Resource Management in Tourism and Hospitality
Program Learning Outcomes
- Acquire the fundamentals of event management, covering all aspects of the industry.
- Apply knowledge and skills using event related theories, concepts and operations in real job setting.
- Communicate effectively through all modes, such as oral presentations and in writing.
- Perform well in culturally diverse, gender-diverse and multi-disciplinary teams.
- Exhibit social skills, accept accountability, and assume responsibility in the work environment and society.
- Participate in lifelong learning, career advancement activities, and keep up-to- date with knowledge and issues of ICT.
- Identify, plan and execute commercially viable projects related to the event industry.
- Perform duties and responsibilities in a professional and ethical manner.
- Exhibit leadership capabilities at work and in the society.