The Bachelor of Hospitality Management degree?enables the students to gain knowledge and basic skills that are essential to equip and prepare them for the hospitality industry. The programme will expose them to the operational and mid-level management of the industry such as food and beverage management, front office, housekeeping, sales and marketing as well as personnel recruitment and training. The programme is conducted through a series of lectures, simulations and demonstration on the theories and concepts involved in hospitality management. We also emphasise on practical training which will provide them the hands-on training and exposure that will enrich them with the skills and experience needed in the hospitality industry.
Some of the courses that will be taken by Bachelor of Hospitality Management students are:
- Interpersonal Skill
- Hospitality Strategic Management
- Hotel Operation Management
- Restaurant Management
- Hospitality Entrepreneurial Development
Students are also exposed to hands-on classes such Food Preparation, Food and Beverage service, Front Office and Housekeeping.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Develop knowledge and understanding of concept, theory and practical skills in hospitality with regards to national educational requirements.
- Apply the knowledge and practical skills in the field of hospitality.
- Apply critical and creative thinking skills in relation to issues and problems within national hospitality industry.
- Communicate effectively within the various cultures and ethnics.
- Demonstrate compassion and empathy in community relationship and execute social responsibilities.
- Engage in ongoing learning process using information technology to create awareness of current issues in the hospitality field.
- Integrate the various entrepreneurial and managerial skills through planning, developing, implementing and evaluating the industry process.
- Practice outstanding hospitality professionalism and ethical values in the working environment.
- Demonstrate effective and efficient leadership within various culture and ethnic.